Dear Global Partners,
As you will know from media reports, the COVID-19 virus has been reported in a number of locations globally. A&C is actively monitoring the situation and its impact across all the geographies where we operate.
A&C is committed and prepared to address the evolving risk posed by COVID-19. We have reviewed our Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and specifically a plan and crisis leadership team responsible for pandemic plan implementation. The team includes executive leadership and representation from each region, and each functional area in our organization.
Throughout our planning and preparedness activities, our actions are aligned to the level of threat, the level of impact and potential for escalation in one region, before others.
Our Business Continuity Plan includes but is not limited to the following:
• Designation of essential operations and plans to reassign staff from non-critical functions if employee absence is a threat.
• Review and assurance that our IT infrastructure can support an increase in remote work.
• Further ensuring that we have multiple levels of redundancy, should a critical system fail.
• Assessment of the risk level of any vendors or other parties that we depend on and requiring confirmation from critical vendors that they have a robust business continuity plan (BCP).
• An internal communications plan to ensure that the business continuity plan, updates, and changes can be communicated in real-time to those who need to know specific information; and those who need to take a new action, that the information has been received and
action taken as appropriate.
• Confirmation of the chain of command and back-ups for leaders and critical roles.
• The crisis leadership team ensures that leaders in each technical and operational domain execute their accountability as indicated, and plans are updated as new information warrants.
• A central function is assigned to ensure that leaders and others have real-time access to public health information and recommended practices.
• A centralized repository for information is used to ensure that critical information, decisions and plans are documented and easily accessible.
Support for the health and well-being of our people
• We leverage multiple channels to communicate information that is in line with public health recommendations for health, hygiene, and prudent action.
• Additional communication and management oversight are implemented in work environments where the transmission of respiratory illness is typically more prevalent
• Policy and practices are established to limit or prohibit face-to-face meetings and travel when the risk level is high.
• We further ensure attention to absence recording is consistent as high absence levels may trigger some BCP actions.
• Additional actions are taken in line with occupational health and public health practices as they emerge.
Our commitment to you
A&C is committed to the continuity of all our services and partnering with our clients to support the health and well-being of their people throughout this period of escalated concern and on an ongoing basis.
VP & COO